Friday, August 10, 2007

A Whirlwind Time

Since Mom went home it has just been a whirlwind. On Tuesday after she left we drove 4 hours up to IKEA and bought ridiculously cheap Scandanavian furniture. We now actually have somewhere to sit and eat dinner.

Our friend Jaime, who lives only a few hours away now, came down to visit for the weekend. I don't have any pictures of that, but we had a great time.

This week I got my class schedule. It doesn't seem too bad. I'll start at 8:30 each morning, be done by 3:30 Mon-Thurs and by 12:00 on Friday.

I went on Wednesday and bought my books. I got a couple of decent used books, but most of them were only available new. My Contracts prof requires four large books, while the other sections are only buying one and two. Oh, and this may not mean anything to you, but there are no study-aids that follow my Civil Procedure text. CivPro is supposed to be realy hard. It just means I will have to work at it that much harder.

I also worked on our orientation assignment case brief this week. Paula Corbin Jones v. William Jefferson Clinton in an Arkansas US District Court. It was very entertaining. Here's an exerpt:

While the Court will certainly agree that plaintiff's allegations describe offensive conduct, the Court, as previously noted, has found that the Governor's alleged conduct does not constitute sexual assualt. Rather, the conduct as alleged by plaintiff describes a mere sexual proposition or encounter, albeit an odious one, that was relatively brief in duration, did not involve any coercion or threats of reprisal and was abandoned as soon as plaintiff made clear that the advance was not welcome.

The phrase "albeit and odious one" just cracked me up.

No comments: