Saturday, August 25, 2007

Foodie Tendencies

I had all of these tiny pear-shaped yellow tomatoes that I bought last week at the farmers market. They were about to start getting a little mushy, so I thought I should have them for lunch today. I decided to chop them up in a bowl with some mozzarella and throw in some salmon I had left over from dinner last night. After chopping the tomatoes, adding the mozzarella and a little pesto, I remembered listening to The Splendid Table one day when Lynne Rossetto Kasper was talking about stale bread. She suggested chopping it up and throwing it in with some tomatoes and mozzarella for a yummy summer salad. I chopped up the heel end of some sun dried tomato basil bread and threw in. It's a dense bread, so it didn't get too soggy. It just soaked up all that tomato juice. It was so good that I left out the salmon.

Ok, back to Property reading. Today's property question: Who owns the moon? I tried Google to see what was out there and found out that this band thinks that America does. For now they are the soundtrack to my property reading.

No comments: