Friday, August 24, 2007

Hey. Just a quick check in before I run off to school. Today is the last day of the first week. Yesterday, Professor Fisk (CivPro) asked us how long it felt like we'd been in law school. There was a fairly unanimous answer of weeks.

It has been an intense week. The workload is everything that was promised by all of the law school lore. Fortunately, the lore-promised cut-throat atmosphere of competition does not exist here. Everyone is friendly, helpful and intelligent. Duke does grade on a curve, so we'll see how that helpfulness changes the closer we get to exam time. I don't think it will.

I have managed to get up at 6am every day this week and fit a workout in before class. I'm pretty tired, but I think I need to work on getting to bed earlier rather than sacrificing that workout time. I have a feeling it will help keep me going.

Well, I'm not making that much sense so far this morning. Doesn't bode well for CivPro. (kidding)

No comments: