Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A Glimpse


This is my reading corner with my new extravagant futon pillow chair. I'll take more pictures eventually. Everything is still in stacks and piles and boxes. But I could see this from where I'm sitting at my desk, so I thought I'd share it.

Yesterday was pretty busy. I've been trying to get up and work out every morning for an hour so that my body gets accustomed to it before school starts. I'm going to have to make exercise an intentional part of my schedule once classes start. Law school is notoriously bad for the eyes and the hips. So that was the first part of my day. I feel like I'm cheating a bit, because it's so much easier to stick with it when I don't have a schedule.

While I was working out Brandon found a job listing posted on Artsearch with a company in Raleigh that would be great for him. So we spent the next hour working on a cover letter and sending that off. By last night, he had already gotten an email back from the guy saying that he had received Brandon's resume and that they would be accepting resumes through the end of the month. The job doesn't start until September, but it pays well and would probably be a great fit. Keep your fingers crossed on this one.

After that we decided to find the DMV and get our Driver's Licenses changed over. You can't register a car in NC without a NC license. We have to get Brandon's new truck registered this week. The DMV was pretty fast and painless. Brandon's CDL (Commercial Driver's License) added to the time and cost quite a bit, but it is worth it for him to keep it. They made us take the computerized driving exam and motorcycle exams since we were coming from out of state. It was bizarre. I did fine on the driving exam, but I got 6 on the motorcycle test and missed it by one question! The questions I missed were really silly. I was so pissed! Brandon said he missed 4 questions on the test, so that made me feel better. That means I have to go back and take it again before I can ride my motorcycle. We'll probably go back tomorrow.

No comments: