Friday, July 20, 2007

It ended up that my sweet little Scion was "scared straight" by the prospect of being sent to the mechanics. They called around noon to say that they had finished the required state inspections but had not been able to find anything wrong with the window. It had been rolling up and down with no protest ever since I dropped it off. Ack! Well, at least it is working now.

When we dropped him off this morning we walked over and looked at the new Scion XB design. Ugh. It is hideous. What a dissapointment. They took a bold, efficient, inexpensive vehicle and made is less bold, less efficent (8 mpg increase), and more expensive. Well, it should make my little black one a classic if I can keep it in shape and remember to wash it every now and then.

After we picked up my car, we went to Linens and Things and bought towels and a shower curtain for the guest bathroom since my mom is coming next week (hi mom!). They look nice. I spent the rest of the day squeezing every last dish and appliance into our new kitchen. I'm almost done with it. Right now, from the couch, I can count 7 more empty boxes laying on the floor.

Today, a friend of mine (hi J) told me that I reminded her of the Vince Vaughn character from the movie Old School, the part when he says
"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're um, we're gonna go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed Bath And Beyond, I don't know. I Don't know if we'll have enough time."

She's absolutely right. We're a little ridiculous right now.

No comments: