Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Hills Are Alive With the Groans of Gear Shifts

I just got back from a bike ride. It is beautiful here, and the hills were kicking my out-of-shape butt. I lasted about half an hour, but I was pushing my self pretty hard and got a little over heated. The water bottle I was using was pretty crappy; I'm certain I wasn't drinking enough water. So, I just ordered two good water bottles from Nashbar.

Today, we go back to the DMV for my motorcycle test. But first we go register the vehicles and get NC tags. It won't be much fun, but we have to get it done.

Last night I made the fresh green beans that we bought at the farmer's market last week with some jasmine rice. It was so yummy and easy. Hmmm. I think the bike ride made me a little hungry. Haven't eaten yet today. I'm trying to pay better attention and wait until my stomach growls (hi mom) instead of just eating whenever it is a societally designated meal time. All part of trying to establish good habits before law school. I'm definitely going back to the farmer's market again on Saturday.

My scion has suddenly developed a paralysis in the rear passenger side window. Luckily he's still under warranty, so I'm trying to set up an appointment with the local Scion dealership. I keep getting put on hold to talk to the service advisor, but he/she just won't pick up. So, someone else answers my call; I explain the situation; they are very nice about it, and then they all say, "Let me transfer you to a service advisor." Ha! I finally got to talk to someone and the scion is going in for a check up tomorrow morning.

No comments: